Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ME & MAYA ANGELOU

I think one of her early works was "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings." I read it many years ago, which is one of reasons that I am not 100% sure of the title. But I'm here to tell you today that I feel like a caged bird and I am definitely not singing!

At the time of this writing, I am sitting in a branch library in Los Angeles, checking e-mail and writing this entry. I signed on for a 4-day housesitting assignment at Kerry and Brian's place but had no idea their computer would decide it couldn't find a connection to the Internet within 24 hours of my arrival. I decided then to do some genealogy and attach the Word documents to e-mails and send them home. Can't do that either with no Internet connection. To make matters worse, I can't get their printer to work.

I am definitely not singing. In fact, I am close to having the heebejeebies, which is what happens when I'm taken away from the computer for any length of time.

Do you remember the old saw, "When the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'"? Well, when I leave this library computer I'm heading for the Grove where I at least will get in some good window shopping, and then I'll head down to Target where I may just drop a buck or two.

I've got a couple of ideas for the next blogs I want to write -- but for the present they just have to stay rattling around in my head. Sorry for the delay, folks.

No comments: