Sunday, August 9, 2009

THOUGHTS ON DIETING (UGH!)

I recently read the following:

THE CARDIOLOGIST'S DIET: If it tastes good, spit it out.

Seemed to me that there was more than a grain of truth in it. I wondered who the author was and in Googling the entire sentence, not only did I find that the source is unknown but also some other very funny comments about dieting. Those of us who constantly battle weight will find them funny and mostly true. See what you think:

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake. ~Author Unknown

If nature had intended our skeletons to be visible it would have put them on the outside of our bodies. ~Elmer Rice

Avoid any diet that discourages the use of hot fudge. ~Don Kardong

I'm on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it. ~Author Unknown

No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office. ~George Bernard Shaw

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. ~Author Unknown

If you really want to be depressed, weigh yourself in grams. ~Jason Love

I am a nutritional overachiever. ~Author Unknown

Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled over how much weight you have gained. ~Author Unknown

Gluttony is not a secret vice. ~Orson Welles

I bought a talking refrigerator that said "Oink" every time I opened the door. It made me hungry for pork chops. ~Marie Mott

No comments: