Monday, September 14, 2009

A BIT OF MONDAY MORNING ART

I have probably said it before but I don't have an artistic bone in my body. To cover that sad fact, I always add that I believe the artists of the world need appreciators, so that is my role. I know it isn't all that important but somehow it seems to be the "plus" to counterbalance that "minus" in my life.

And maybe what astounds me even more is that aside from the execution of one's art, there is a conceptualization that needs to be there first, and that is where I am just boggled. How do artists "see" something in the first place? I just don't understand it because I don't have that either.

Well, all that is a weighty issue to be talking about on a Monday morning. What I like for these Mondays are funny things - and my favorite brother-in-law Don Smith e-mailed me a piece of art that truly made my day. I do not understand how this particular artist ever conceptualized something like this, but I'm glad he did, I'm glad Don sent it to me, and I've been laughing all morning over it. Be sure to turn up the volume on your computer before you have a go at it. And wait patiently for it to download. You need to do this to join me as an appreciator.

No comments: