Tuesday, December 28, 2010
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FOR READERS
A decade ago I found this list and have enjoyed using it so much that I'd like to share it with you for 2011.
1. I will reread a book that I loved as a child.
2. I will finally read that classic from high school that I’ve been avoiding.
3. I will find a book of poetry and read some aloud.
4. I will spend an hour in aimless browsing at a library.
5. I will read a book written in the year I was born
6. I will create a journal and keep notes about the books and magazines read.
7. I will assemble a list of my favorite people and send them my ideas about
books (favorites, recent reads, and the like)
8. I will read a book to a child.
9. I will gather a few friends and read a play out loud
10. I will read a book on the history of my town.
11. I will read a book written from a political point of view totally opposite my own.
12. I will read a book about a place I’ve never been.
13. I will reread a book that I just didn’t “get” when I was eighteen.
14. I will read a book written by a non-American.
Adapted from a list created by Camille DelVecchio, Penfield (NY) Public Library