Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ALIVE AND WELL -- SORT OF

Now don’t think I’m crazy, but there were two good reasons this morning why I thought a living dinosaur had been found in Canada, according to a newspaper article.

The first good reason is that yesterday my cousin in North Carolina sent me a stupendous photo she took of a bug sitting on her front porch. It was an “up close and personal” photo and I was very impressed. It of course appears to be looking at her.

The second good reason is that the article in the newspaper was written in a screwball tense which, if I had not been a little bleery-eyed from getting up so early and weary-brained from a by-law committee meeting last night, I might have not taken the wording so literally.

Here is the sequence of how early this morning my grey-matter synapses came to the conclusion that there was a living dinosaur.

Later I found this drawing on the internet done by the very people in Canada to describe the small dino whose bones they found. Had this picture been used in the newspaper, I would have been off the hook.


In the light of mid-day this all seems like a weird dream, which I am prone to having but usually asleep when I do. I was not asleep when I read this; I was not dreaming. I know there are no dinosaurs living today and I know not to believe everything I read in the newspaper. However, I just can’t make any rational excuses to you for this bizarre episode that might reinstall the esteem which some of you in the past might have had about my brain power. Alas, I'm afraid it is gone forever.

I do not want to tell you that I even yelled in to Jerry, who was doing his early-morning computer duties, that a tiny dinosaur had been found in Canada. I do not want to tell you that he didn’t hear me; he did. And he laughed. That was my first signal that something was amiss. Jerry does not ordinarily laugh early in the morning. That laugh meant something. and my wonderment at his laugh was the final synapse that moved me from the realm of ridiculous to reality.

And I tell you all this because I figured after blogging such a ponderous subject yesterday, you deserved a laugh at my expense. So go ahead, laugh your head off. The laugh's on me. :)








No comments: